StorX — An Alternative to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Centralized cloud storage services such as Amazon AWS have become an integral part of our lives as well as business. But their developing control over clients and untrustworthy strategic policies have gone unchecked for quite a while. It has become a common practice for market leaders to access personal data through unauthorized means to generate higher profits at the cost of the security and privacy of their users as doing so goes directly against their business model. Sometimes the most popular option is not the best one and it is important to examine several alternatives to choose the service that is best for you.
How Amazon Web Services Fails to Meet Expectations
Amazon AWS is one of the largest and trusted data storage services and is based on a centralized architecture so it inherits all the flaws that come with the system. The platform has a long history of data breaches and outages that have caused its cloud storage services to shut down. They do not access user data without their consent but still charge outrageously high fees for a service that still falls behind their decentralized counterparts in terms of features.
These are some events that highlight how unreliable Amazon Web Services is:
- SolarWinds Hackers Use AWS in their Campaign — Amazon admitted that hackers used their elastic compute cloud in their SolarWinds cyberattack. (Source: crn.com)
- AWS Outage of 2020 — AWS experienced a multi-hour outage that caused a large number of internet services to go offline and shut down a large chunk of the internet. (Source: theverge.com)
Why You Should Switch to StorX
StorX Drive is a blockchain-based decentralized cloud storage built with an emphasis on security and privacy at its core. We are committed to our users having sole ownership over their data and not any third party. Unlike legacy cloud storage providers, StorX divides your files into encrypted fragments and stores multiple copies of them across individual storage nodes around the world. This means that only you hold the keys to access your files and the highly redundant system means that even if multiple nodes fail to function, you can in any case retrieve all of your data.
These are some advantages of StorX over Amazon AWS:
- More Secure and Private — Every file is encrypted and distributed across a decentralized network consisting of individual storage nodes. No outsider or third party has control over your files as only you hold the decryption keys to access your data.
- Highly Redundant and Reliable — StorX stores multiple copies of your files on nodes across the globe, eliminating any single point of failure and promises you the highest uptime guaranteed.
- Cost-Effective — Storing your data on StorX costs substantially lower in contrast to centralized cloud storage services.
- 100% trustless — You will have sole ownership over your data rather than any third party.
- Open-Source — StorX believes in a transparent approach and the software utilized for the platform is completely open-source and developed by highly skillful and experienced software engineers.
StorX Drive is the next generation of cloud storage and is undeniably superior compared to AWS and at a fraction of a cost because of its community-based decentralized design. If you believe that a more scalable and secure cloud is the right choice for you then you can register on storx.tech.