Centralized cloud storage services such as Google Drive have become an integral part of our lives as well as business. But their developing control over clients and untrustworthy strategic policies have gone unchecked for quite a while. It has become a common practice for market leaders to access personal data through unauthorized means to generate higher profits at the cost of the security and privacy of their users as doing so goes directly against their business model. Sometimes the most popular option is not the best one and it is important to examine several alternatives to choose the service that is best for you.
How Google Drive Fails to Meet Expectations
Google Cloud is based on a centralized architecture and inherits all the flaws that come with the system. The platform is prone to outages and failures that could severely affect the productivity of your business. However, the biggest concern is that Google does not have the best history with regards to protecting the privacy of its clients.
These are some events that highlight how unreliable the Google Drive Platform is:
- Google Drive Security Bug 2020 — A major security flaw in the Google Drive system allows hackers to trick you into downloading malware or ransomware. It allows attackers to hack into your system and steal your information or spy on your activity. (Source: newsbytesapp.com)
- Google Services Outage of 2020 — Google experienced an authentication system outage that took down multiple Google services, including Google Drive, Youtube, and Gmail. This incident is suspected to have affected every single Google Cloud user. (Source: crn.com)
Why You Should Switch to StorX
StorX Drive is a blockchain-based decentralized cloud storage built with an emphasis on security and privacy at its core. We are committed to our users having sole ownership over their data and not any third party. Unlike legacy cloud storage providers, StorX divides your files into encrypted fragments and stores multiple copies of them across individual storage nodes around the world. This means that only you hold the keys to access your files and the highly redundant system means that even if multiple nodes fail to function, you can in any case retrieve all of your data.
These are some advantages of StorX over Google Drive:
- More Secure and Private — Every file is encrypted and distributed across a decentralized network consisting of individual storage nodes. No outsider or third party has control over your files as only you hold the decryption keys to access your data.
- Highly Redundant and Reliable — StorX stores multiple copies of your files on nodes across the globe, eliminating any single point of failure and promises you the highest uptime guaranteed.
- Cost-Effective — Storing your data on StorX costs substantially lower in contrast to centralized cloud storage services.
- 100% trustless — You will have sole ownership over your data rather than any third party.
- Open-Source — StorX believes in a transparent approach and the software utilized for the platform is completely open-source and developed by highly skillful and experienced software engineers.
StorX Drive is the next generation of cloud storage and is undeniably superior in terms of privacy and security compared to Google Drive because of its community-based decentralized design. If you believe that a more scalable and secure cloud is the right choice for you then you can register on storx.tech.